Horrible news this morning -- pioneering house DJ Josh Ezelle died last night in a motorcycle crash in Thailand. He was 42.
Ezelle, aka DJ Josh, was the first DJ many young clubbers heard in the late '80s, and the list of venues and crews he supported or helped launch is a veritable what's what of the SF scene, right up to the present. Wicked, the Gathering, Funky Techno Tribe, Sunset ...
Ever-roving, he organized the groundbreaking 2000 ACA World Sound Festival in Acapulco. He moved to Thailand in 2001, and had recently located to Phuket, becoming a popular resort DJ there and witnessing the birth of his son.
A true example of bringing the underground SF spirit to the world, he'll be mightily missed.
Most Commented On
- It's hard to make capital investments when - July 24, 2014
- The dish on knish - July 24, 2014
- London can do that - July 24, 2014
- Sunday Streets are a success thanks to Susan - July 24, 2014
- How? Wanna back up that - July 24, 2014
- Israel unilaterally withdrew - July 24, 2014
- Snap sounds - July 24, 2014
- Israel is surrounded by nations that wish it to be destroyed - July 24, 2014
- Yo, it's hard to see another meaning to the phrase: - July 24, 2014
- When Hamas fires rockets at civilian areas - July 24, 2014